Saturday, April 23, 2011

Faith like a child

As I sat there tears started to fall down. Not tears of sadness but tears of joy. I was at the Good Friday service at my church and I was watching fifteen of my brothers and sisters in Christ come and give their testimony and be baptized.  I heard what God had been doing in their lives over the past few years. How He had broken the chains of addiction and brought them to repentance. However, this is not what brought the tears of joy to my eyes. It was the younger children that came up and proclaimed in front of the whole church what they believed. Because of Christ's work on the cross and His resurrection they are now righteous in His sight. Some of them had such excitement in their eyes as they were giving their testimony. They get it! They are not confused by different doctrines are theologies, but they understand God's love for them. How often do we get so caught up in the different aspects of what we believe that we lose our focus on Christ? Tomorrow is Easter, the day that we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Let us remember what has been done for us and because of that let us live to bring Him glory. Have a great Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that is so cute! I just love when God works in ways we wouldn't expect!
    Amazing!

    -Miah

    ReplyDelete